Robinho ready to renounce millions to join Real Madrid
Brazilian international Robinho insisted
that he is ready to give up the millions that are due to him financially
in order to secure a move to Real Madrid.
The 21-year-old Santos striker is desperate for a move to the Spanish
capital but his Brazilian club have refused an offer from Real.
And Robinho said that he is willing to waive the estimated 7 million
euros (8.5 million dollars) which would be due to him.
"If I have to give up what's due to me to play in Real Madrid that's no
problem," he told radio here. "I'm young and have all my career ahead of
The player's lawyer Wagner Ribeiro added: "Robinho wants to be freed so
much that he said that. It's a sign of desperation. I've spoken to him
and he wants to give up his rights."
Ribeiro, meanwhile, denied reports that Real Madrid had increased their
"The last conversation that we had with Real Madrid date from July 3.
The offer remains the one that everyone is aware of - 21 million euros
(25.6 million dollars)."
Santos president Marcelo Teixeira is adamant that with Robinho under
contract until 2008 any club that wants to sign him will have to meet a
50 million dollar penalty clause for the player.
Teixeira has already said he will free Robinho after the 2006 World Cup.
As a sign of protest Robinho - whose mother was kidnapped but
subsequently rescued earlier this year - is refusing to train with his
club, insisting that he can no longer get his head around playing in