David Beckham and Ronaldo were left
off Real Madrid's squad Wednesday for a Copa del Rey game.
Coach Fabio Capello continued to shun the pair, four days after he said
Beckham would only train with Madrid after the superstar agreed to play
for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
Beckham announced last week he would leave Madrid in June to join the
MLS team in a five-year deal reportedly worth $250 million in salary and
However, Capello suggested that he may have to be flexible regarding
Beckham's playing time.
"Nothing can be discarded. We'll have to see. The idea we have you
already know. We have to be flexible from time to time," Capello said on
Madrid's Web site. "Beckham is a great professional and always trains
with enthusiasm. The idea could change."
Ronaldo was available for transfer by Madrid after an injury-plagued
Italian media said Wednesday the Brazil striker agreed to a 1 1/2-year
contract with AC Milan, although the clubs must settle on a transfer fee.