Ronaldo is hard at work to recover from knee surgery and has
plans to resume playing in Brazil before rejoining his Italian side AC Milan
later this year. The La Gazzetta dello Sport daily reported on Tuesday that
Ronaldo still uses a stick to walk, but follows an intense recovery program.
The 31-year-old striker was operated in Paris in mid-February to repair a torn
knee ligament in his left knee, an operation similar to the one he underwent
eight years earlier on his other knee.
"I am working four to five hours a day," he said. "I have to recover, anyways;
to play with friends on the beach and to have a normal life.
"Doctors (in Paris) have given me all the hopes and guarantees I needed. Two
months after surgery, the knee is better than the other was at the same stage
after the injury.
Ronaldo said he is very keen on continue playing and cannot imagine a life
"In the first weeks after the operation I was devastated, physically and
mentally. Then the first progresses came: everything began to function again.
Now I am moving again.
"It's still a long way. Maybe four months before starting to run again, but the
comeback will be faster than the first time (in 2000).
"I have a good relationship with my team. The doors are always open for me there,
but I must be in the proper form. My idea is to go back to playing in Brazil,
maybe with Flamengo. And if all goes well, then go back to the red-blacks," he